Sunday 3 January 2010

A Short Message to Time




Stop all the clocks,
No really, I'm not ready,
You're trying to push me fast
When what I need is to go steady.
They can't see me like this
They won't understand,
My head needs some fixing
This was not what I planned.
I've examined myself
And I'm found to be wanting
More life, More vitality,
More of just something.


My edge,
This is what I'm lacking.


I never felt prepared,
It'll look like I'm not bothered
It'll seem like I don't care,
I won't make an appearance because it won't be me that's there.


I can hide,
better than you can imagine.
I've spent time on my own before
I've stayed awake for fear of waking
upon a new day with tears and shaking,
This isn't who I am,
I'm strong.
I've been like that from day one
and I believe I'll carry on
but not now,
not right now,
not on this hour of this day
I need some time alone to say to myself,
"Hey!", "You can do this, you were meant to"
"and you've come along all of this way"
But not today.


For now stop the clocks, I need to rest my eyes
I need some time to focus,
I need some time to wake myself to make me feel alive.
To make me feel myself again
please don't leave me behind.
I'm asking you this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment